More than a decade ago, I shaved my head to challenge my own standard of “beautiful.” Afterwards, I cried for days. “What would it feel like to accept yourself unconditionally?” I had to know…and decided, I wouldn’t grow my hair back till I could answer that. I shaved my head every 2 weeks over the next 3 years. It was a time of vulnerability and truth…with no-thing to hide behind. THIS was one of the most Sacred Journeys I’ve ever taken. Naked, I learned that hair doesn’t make you beautiful and lack of hair does not make you un-beautiful. I also learned that once Beauty is no longer one’s “essential pursuit” then it opens the world for everything to become beauty-full, including yourself! With this understanding, I grew my hair back. I wear it natural, loving and fully accepting it “as is.” To love my most “natural state is” to accept and honor the way God made me. For who would I be to argue with Divinity? BEAUTY-FULL.
- A Shamanic Evening February 17, 2023
- The Ultimate Healing Journey October 27, 2022
- Bridge to Transition March 11, 2022
- A Personal Journey to Healing & Transformation (Private Retreat) February 14, 2022
- That Gnawing, Chest Pressing Question: “What’s My Purpose and Why Am I REALLY Here?” February 18, 2021